A demanding due-diligence followed – a presentation, demo, Q&A and followed by a face to face intense discussion and Q&A on 28 Nov 2019. We competed against 32 start-ups. And we faced off with a major Retail merchandize platform in the runners-up. Out of 32 applicants NextOrbit got selected by proposing a very straightforward and effective solution which impressed the Senior leadership at P&G.
We have a detailed eye when we try to solve Demand Forecasting and Price Optimization which helped us to win the Best Idea Winner. Here are a few intricate questions we handled,
- How do you account for the unseen event and how does your solution work on the same?
- Does the solution work both top-down and bottom-up way?
- Do you need to develop models for each granular level?
- What mechanism do you have to handle product discontinuation and launch of a new product to substitute that space?
- With SKU_ID does not uniform across different stages of business, what approach would you suggest to uniform them
- Not just customer payable price will affect demand but Margin to distributor/sites/ e-commerce / Major retailers would affect. How do you account for these signals?
- Please detail more on various cannibalization aspects and what statistical measures do you need to create as an indicator?
Published on Dec. 3, 2019